Quest presents: Iron & Lace
Registration for Iron & Lace is now closed to anyone who did not RSVP before November 1. We thank you for your interest!
This game is set in its own game world, a possible future of the Continuing Game during the equivalent of the Victorian Era, in the year 1484 A.I. The PCs will be passengers aboard an Allondine lighter-than-air dirigible on its maiden voyage. The dirigible, ordinarily intended for military reconnaissance, will be carrying civilian passengers from Tolbury to Gioma as a public relations maneuver. Some passengers may be dignitaries or influential people given tickets by Her Majesty's government; others will be from all walks of life who won their tickets via the general lottery. Please download the Player Packet; it contains information about character creation and the Iron & Lace setting.
Owing to the event site, the game will feature only abstracted (e.g. rock-paper-scissors) combat, so you will not need to worry about running or fighting in your good costuming. And don't worry about finding appropriate period garb; if you own just a dress shirt/blouse and a pair of slacks or long skirt, you'll be fine. (More costuming tips to come in the player packet!)
This game will feature snacks and drinks, but not a full meal.
For more information, please contact GMs Heather Albano Jackson and Jeff Yaus at ironandlace. You must be 18 years or older to participate in this (or any) Quest event.
The Arlington Masonic Lodge (aka the Mystic Valley Masonic Lodge) is located at 19 Academy St, in Arlington, MA. It is easily reached from the highway and does not involve any complicated turns.
You can use Google Maps to get there, or use the directions below from points west of Boston:
- Take the Mass Pike (I-90) East to Exit 14, for I-95/Route 128 North.
- Take I-95 North to Exit 29A, for Route 2 East.
- Take Route 2 to Exit 59, for Route 60. Bear right on the exit ramp, since bearing left will put you back out onto Route 2. At the traffic light, turn left onto Route 60 (Pleasant St).
- Go .9 miles to the big intersection with Massachusetts Ave; there will be a church on the near left. Turn left onto Mass Ave.
- Take the second left onto Academy St.
- The Lodge will be on your right, a few hundred feet down. You can park on the street, or there is a driveway to the parking lot just after the Lodge.